Thursday, February 17, 2011

The First Build

After serving in the Navy for four years I came home to my long time girlfriend Anna in Milwaukee. I tried the school thing for for a year or so and just couldn't get into it. It was time to get a job and had no idea what to get into. Some how I ended up as the Safety Director at one of the last tannery's in Milwaukee. Before I became the safety guy i worked with the maintenance dept. When we weren't fixing things the guys taught me how to weld and fabricate things out of metal. I was totally hooked and all I wanted to do is weld so i could get better at it. After a while I got promoted and got into an office job, but I still would go and find my old buddies and talk bikes and dream of building a bike someday.  Well one day I was surfing craigslist (on my break of course) looking at all the motorcycles for sale, I came across this guy selling a Honda bobber. It looked like a piece of shit but I the idea was there, the old school twin cylinder bobbed out to look bad ass. My search began for an old twin cylinder bike.  A month or two later I find a guy that had a 1973 Honda CB350 for $300. This is what it looked like the day i picked it up.
Not much to look at but I had the vision in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment